People often ask where to start, and which readings to help starting or progressing.
Some just want to learn shaders, others want to get more fluent in the maths behind, some are specifically interested into 3D rendering.
Here are a sample of some online resource, free books and pay books that I often saw mentioned as helpful :
[ Disclaimer: the purpose of this page is NOT to catalog the full list of books and webpages about 3D. Moreover, it target beginners, not university level 3D. With a focus on “graphics in fragment shaders“, as expected on a Shadertoy/GLSL blog 😉 ]
- Shaders: Online short tuto: A beginners guide to coding graphics shaders
- Shaders+maths+3D: Online full tuto: The Book of Shaders
- 3D: Pay book: Real-Time rendering
- 3D+maths, Pay book: 3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development
- GLSL: OpenGL-ES Shading Language – Reference manual
- GLSL: Programming in GLSL is not programming in C
- Maths, online illustrated course: ImmersiveMath
- 3D: ScratchAPixel
- IQ’s articles (rendering techniques, useful maths, coding hacks…)
- 3D, Pay interactive book: The Graphics Codex
- 3D: Free book: Ray Tracing in One Weekend
Full Stack ( from basics to advanced ):